Who is a
Tech Sales Engineer?
A Tech Sales Engineer is more than just a technical expert; they are the linchpin that connects a product's technical capabilities with customer needs, driving successful sales outcomes.
Attributes of a Tech Sales Engineer:
- Technical Savvy with a Sales Twist: They communicate the business implications of a software solution on a technical level.
- Technical Communication: Fluent in discussing the technical nuances of a product or service.
- Customer Engagement Expertise: Skilled in customer-facing roles, they effectively convey the advantages of software solutions.
- Strategic Sales Contributor: Valued for their ability to join any phase of the sales cycle, adding strategic depth and addressing technical queries.
Impact of a Tech Sales Engineer:
- Boosting Efficiency: They minimize the need for engineering team involvement in sales, optimizing overall efficiency.
- Sales Team Empowerment: Whether the title is Solution Architect, Pre Sales Engineer, Partner Solution, or System Engineer - Tech Sales Engineers are essential to the sales force. They play a pivotal role in guiding prospects from initial interest to becoming satisfied customers.
8-Week Self-Paced Courses
Perfect for motivated and busy individuals looking to optimize flexibility
Employers can fund your investment into skills directly benefiting their organization
Level up your career with professional development through education
What Our Students Say.
“Self-paced is for me. When I'm at my job I can access the course on my downtime.”
“I'm using what I learn at Leveld for my everyday job to advance.”
“The information is so rich that I find myself listening over and over again.”
Why Become a
Tech Sales Engineer?
How to Become a
Tech Sales Engineer?
A good combination of technical skills and people skills will set you up for success. It is possible to enter the field without a degree.
Tech Sales Engineers must become proficient at the following:
✅ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is one of the most essential skills to develop, as communicating with the sales staff or development team is a big part of the job.
✅ Understanding of sales
You'll also need to be sales savvy and have some sales training or relevant work experience. It's important to be able to spot opportunities to grow the company's customer base.
✅ Technical acumen
Having a technical background or an engineering background, or at least a good grasp of technology, will boost your chances of landing the job. You must be able to understand complex topics and advanced technical details to be able to make the sale.
Meet Your Expert Instructor
Sales Engineer | Value Based Selling | Mentor | Leader
More than two decades ago, during my tenure as a software engineer, I was presented with the opportunity to engage directly with customers, an experience I found immensely fulfilling.
I discovered a talent for articulating intricate concepts to a diverse audience, ranging from high-level executives to seasoned engineers.
My belief is that my distinctive blend of technical expertise, adept customer management skills, and extensive industry experience positions me as an invaluable asset as your instructor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Become a Tech Sales Engineer Without a Degree?
Yes, it’s also possible to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge through the Leveld Tech Sales Engineer Course
Is It Hard to Become a Tech Sales Engineer?
No, it’s not hard to become a tech sales engineer. While it will be challenging,
this course will help you learn the best practices and techniques adopted in the field.
Is a Career in Tech Sales Engineering good?
Yes, tech sales engineering is a great career. Not only will you enjoy a good annual salary and job security,
but you will also get the satisfaction of seeing businesses grow because of your hard work.
You also get to regularly interact with colleagues from other departments
and meet influential people in the industry.
Are Tech Sales Engineers...Engineers?
Not every tech sales engineer is an engineer. You don't necessarily need an engineering background to be a tech sales engineer. While some have a degree in engineering, others have degrees in other disciplines and relevant experience. You'll need basic engineering knowledge, but the role focuses on customer relations, acting as a link between the development team and potential customers.